Voca people cheered me up. =)
Well well well. Another long weekend ahead. breathe girl, breathe..
So. We got our moral papers yesterday. And here's something interesting. Uh no. It has NOTHING to do with moral. Well, almost nothing. We found out different ways to ask a teacher for marks.
1. The negative approach.
Now, the negative approach goes something like, you walk up to a teacher and ask,"Tak boleh ke cikgu??" This approach usually does not work. It's NEGATIVE right? Teachers will probably answer,"Memanglah tak boleh." Student will then walk back to her seat, defeated.
2. The positive approach.
The opposite of the negative approach. Obviously. This time, you go to a teacher and say,"Cikgu, ini boleh kan?" Saying it like a statement rather than a question. The teacher, seeing you so positive, will probably check out to see if what you're saying is correct. See? By being positive, you get a positive reaction!
3. The confident approach =.=
I do not suggest this approach. I really don't. Student goes up to the teacher and say,"Cikgu, saya rasa jawapan saya ini amat rasional." Please do not try this. You will not get any attention from the teacher and she won't do anything.
4. The begging approach.
I did not observe this yesterday. But, it is known to happen. Student begs for marks, says something like,"Tolonglah cikgu. Satu sahaja. Satu!" Sometimes it works. If that particular teacher is extra kind. And perhaps a few tears will help. But most of the times, the student will be brutally turned away and the outcome? Fail.
5. The honest approach.
People who use this approach usually have reasons to get that extra marks. For example, the teacher marked or counted wrongly. But make sure you're totally honest. This approach works all the time. 100% success. Guranteed. Unless your teacher is a monster la.
So yup. You see the different methods to get marks? The best is the positive and honest approach. I strongly recommend studying and to not go asking for marks if you do not deserve it. Be honest when doing the paper and when checking it too. You'll feel better even if you fail or get 0, trust me.
After staring at the word 'approach', it's starting to look weird. Did i spell it wrongly? Hmm. Darn i'm hungry already!! Even after eating the entire tray of honeydew and watermelon earlier. =)
Til next time.
Following Christ by Joseph M. Stowell – Part 5
15 years ago

1 comment:
Fuiyoh! Expert..haha
Haha..there's another approach:
The questioning approach. Ask "Kenapa jawapan ini tak boleh?" Then give your reasons -so it's something like the confident approach with a little humility haha. If you're convincing enough the teacher may give you marks =)
But yes, don't rely on begging, asking, crying, moaning for marks. Do your work and you'd be fine!
The honest approach - sure can get marks la/or lose some if you're really honest (salute you!) I mean sometimes I have to admit I don't really want to tell the teacher about that mistake but yeah, it the long run it's WORTH IT!
Gosh, my comment so long. I shall stop now.
Post a Comment