CHALLENGES FACED BY YOUNG PEOPLE
Young people (also known as youth or teenagers) these days face many different challenges. Challenges like peer pressure and family problems are enough to make an adult worn out and depressed. What more a teenager? Everyone wants to feel as if they belonged. Be it a teenager or an adult. Today, my partner and I would be talking about a problem that most teenagers face, PARENTS. Alright. Parents. As you all know, parents always want the best for us, right? Sometimes (most of the times) we argue with them. Why? I guess because we want things our way, they want things theirs and no one wants to give in.
Situation A:
Meet XXX. She is a straight As’ student, a high achiever. Her life is ALMOST perfect. Except for one thing. Her PARENTS.
Mum: Aiyooo. How can you get 99 marks for your exam??? I told you to get FULL MARKS!! 100%!!
XXX: Ermm. Sorry LOR. I got the highest you know. Why can’t you be proud of me??
Mum: How can I? Show me why I should! You are so rude. How can you talk to your mother like that?
XXX: I have had ENOUGH!
XXX felt so angry. She decided to run away. Away from home, she met up with some not-so-good people. She joined some gang. In that gang, they did loads of whacky stuff, like, shoplifting, smoking, taking drugs, clubbing and many others.
Situation B:
This is Missy. She gets beat up by her stepfather. She’s afraid to tell her mum about it because her mum might yell at her or something. Everyday, when she comes home from school, she would immediately run to her room. As the days go by, she decides to not go home so often. Instead, she would stay in school and hang out with whoever stays back. Ah what does she do in school? Study? Yeah right. She and her so-called friends would go to the nearest shopping complex and AHEM, try to get the attention of guys. Missy finally mixed with some ‘Mat Rempit’s. She would sneak out at night to ‘lepak’ with them. And to think, this could all be avoided if only she talked to her mum.
Situation C:
Pretty is an average student. She is not an outstanding student nor is she very popular. Her parents, like everyone else’s, wants her to be this outstanding person. Her parents love comparing her to her other friends and this really makes her angry.
Parent: I wish you were like Kitty. She is so smart, so nice and such a good girl. Why are you my daughter and not her?
Pretty: *silence*
Parent: Why don’t you say anything? Mute is it?
Pretty: What can I say? Would you even listen?
Parent: Haih! I don’t know what to do with you.
And because of her parents always nagging her, comparing her and all, Pretty likes to bully other students in school to release her anger.
Situation D:
Lala comes from a broken family. She stay with her dad and three brothers. As the eldest, she has to help her dad earn some money. She’s not smart. But she has a great personality. Her dad doesn’t see the good in her, but only see the bad.
Dad: Why are you so hopeless? Can’t you just PASS this paper? Why can’t you do as well as other people? You are such a failure!
Lala: I’m sorry. I’ve tried my best, I really have……..
Dad: No excuses! I expect you to be better! I ask you to go and earn some money, your boss calls me to tell me how USELESS you are! How am I supposed to show my face in public?
Lala: I’m sorryyyyy. I really am. Just let me prove to you that I am not useless!! I can help to get some money for the family!
Dad: I don’t care! *storms off*
In order to solve her problem, Lala did some research on some get-rich-quick scheme. She ended up selling drugs without knowing it. All she knew was that she was earning loads of money real quick. She had no idea she was doing something illegal. It’s really sad because Lala is a good person. Just because she had to earn money to prove her dad wrong, she did something very bad and wrong.
In conclusion, all the situations mentioned above could be avoided. If only XXX, Missy, Pretty and Lala communicated with their parents, none of the above would have happened. Some friendly advice to those of you facing some similar problems, go exercise or take up to release all your stress. Talk to a counselor or a friend. Don’t keep things bottled up inside of you. You may just explode one day. Communication is key.
THE END
LOL. I have no idea why i'm posting this thing here. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed reading this nonsense. Haha.
Following Christ by Joseph M. Stowell – Part 5
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment